Terms & Conditions
CANADIAN SOCIETY FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF GYNECOLOGIC EXCELLENCE
Health Care Disclaimer
The Contents of the Site are for educational purposes only. Nothing in the Contents of the Site should be considered, or used as a substitute for, medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This Site does not constitute the practice of any medical, nursing or other professional health care advice, diagnosis or treatment. You should always talk to your health care provider for diagnosis and treatment, including your specific medical needs. None of the Content on the Site represents or warrants that any particular service or product is safe, appropriate or effective for you. We advise users to always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions regarding personal health or medical conditions. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem or condition, please contact a qualified health care professional immediately. If you are in the Canada and are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or call for emergency medical help on the nearest telephone.
Restrictions on Use
The Site is for educational use only. As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree that you will not:
• use our Site if you are unable to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18, or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from the Site;
• impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a CanSAGE official or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
• represent or suggest that CanSAGE endorses any other business, product or service unless CanSAGE has separately agreed to do so in writing;
• defame or disparage anybody or make comments of an obscene, derogatory or offensive manner or otherwise use the Site or its Content in any way that brings CanSAGE or any third party into disrepute or causes CanSAGE to be liable to any third party;
• transfer your account to another party without our prior written consent;
• distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm CanSAGE, its affiliates, CanSAGE or its affiliates’ websites or the interests or property of CanSAGE users or our affiliates’ users;
• copy, modify, or distribute content from the Site and CanSAGE’s (or our affiliates’) copyrights and trade-marks; or
• harvest or otherwise collect, use or disclose personal information about users, including email addresses, without their prior consent or not in compliance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
Additionally, you agree that you will not:
• take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure or the infrastructure of our affiliates;
• interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or
• forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content posted or transmitted through the Site.
Ownership, Use and Intellectual Property Rights
Submitting Information to the Site
Accounts and Passwords
If you choose to register an account with the Site, you will select a username and a password during the registration process. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Site registration form and maintain and promptly update this data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete at all times. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account including your password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under such account. You agree to: (i) immediately notify CanSAGE of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security; and (ii) exit from your account at the end of each session.
Termination of Services
Limitation of Liability
You will not hold CanSAGE or CanSAGE’s affiliates responsible for other users’ Content, actions or inactions, which are made through the Site. We have no control over and do not guarantee the quality, safety or legality of products or services advertised in the Content. We assume no responsibility for any error, omission, infringement, defamatory statement, obscenity, or inaccuracy contained in any such Content posted on the Site. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you expressly understand and agree that CanSAGE, its affiliates and its licensors shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but not be limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill or business reputation, any loss of data suffered, cost of procurement of substitute goods or services, or other intangible loss (even if CanSAGE or its affiliates have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from the use or the inability to use the Site or any matter relating to the Site including without limitation: (i) any changes which CanSAGE may make to the Site, or for any permanent or temporary cessation in the provision of the Site (or any features on the Site); (ii) the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to send, display or store, any ads, content and other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through your use or other users’ use of the Site; or (iii) your failure to provide CanSAGE with accurate account information or to keep your password or account details secure and confidential. You expressly understand and agree that to the maximum extent permitted by law:
1. Your use of the Site is at your sole risk. The Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. CanSAGE (and its affiliates) assume no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery, non-delivery or failure to store any user communications or content. CanSAGE (and its affiliates) expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties, representations and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
2. CanSAGE (and its affiliates) make no warranty that (i) the Site will meet your requirements; (ii) the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site will be accurate or reliable; and (iv) the quality of any products, the Site, information, or other material purchased or obtained on you through the Site will meet your expectations.
3. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the Site is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us, (our affiliates) and licensors (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.